- We recognize the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God as Saviour and the Head of the Church
- In all matters of doctrine and practices, in obedience to the will of God, we hold and adhere to under the direction of the Holy Spirit, the commandments of God as declared by the Holy Bible. We believe that the Bible is the word of God’s prefect and supreme revelation in Jesus Christ according to the word of
- God and the New and Old Testaments which we consider as the Supreme and sufficient rule of faith and conduct.
We believe particularly in:
- The Trinity: One true immutable and Living God, infinite, eternal, manifested in three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, perfectly united as One, and the creation of all things by God for His own wise purpose Matthew 3:16 & 17:1, John 5:7
- The Holy Bible: As the Word of God given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. IITim 3:16-17
- Jesus Christ: The only begotten Son of God, His virgin birth, His real and perfect Manhood; the truth of His teachings, His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to heaven; His present ministry of intercession and His coming again in power and glory for judgment.
- The Holy Spirit: By whose illumination, conviction and regeneration men are brought to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Man: The fall of man and consequent sinfulness, guilt and condemnation of all men and the free and prefect justification of all who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ into adoption as children of God.
- Repentance: Godly sorrow for and renunciation of sin; Isaiah 55:7, Matthew 4:17
- Restitution: Restitution is subsequent to salvation wherein wrongs against our fellow men are put right to have a clear conscience before God and man as led by the Holy Spirit. Ezekiel 33:15, Matt 5:23-24
- The Resurrection: of the body and the final judgment of all men, the eternal perfection and the blessedness of the saved and the eternal punishment of all that are unsaved.
- Sanctification: The continued work of sanctification by the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers and their divine preservation unto everlasting life, and His direction of the worship, ministry and ministration of the Church John 176:15-21, Heb 13:12
- Holiness: The act of God’s grace whereby we are made holy, and this subsequent to justification 1Peter 1:15-16
- Baptism of Holy Spirit: The baptism of the Holy Spirit as well as the continuous infilling of selfsame Holy Spirit.
- Marriage: Marriage as a holy, honorable estate instituted by God for companionship between one man and one woman, for the procreation of children, binding before God – giving neither partner a right to remarry until death parts them. Mark 1:6-12, Rom 7:1-3
- Monogamy: As the ideal state of family life according to the scripture and accordingly we affirm our adherence thereto.
- Divine Healing: The Church believes in Divine Healing as contained in the Bible- provided through the atonement by the Lord Jesus Christ. James 5:4-16, 1Peter 2:24. This should not be construed to mean that the church is opposed to healing through medical science
- The ordinances of:
- Believers Baptism by total immersion in water
- The Lord’s Super
For further enquiry, please call or write
Upper Room Bible College,
2A, Davies Street, Obanle-Aro Bus Stop,
Off Demurin Street, Ketu, Lagos, Nigeria.
P.O. Box 4418, Ikeja – Lagos